Saturday, April 30, 2011

Deafening silence


I was just going through some old notes and came across an old piece that I wrote way back in 2007. Thought I'd share...



Deafening silence

Ah! The vast infinite road of life I traverse
a wistfulness overcomes me as I ponder
a wish for a straight uninterrupted road

Wistfulness morphs not into reality
Reality whispers about a fork
Even as I exclaim my protest
The dreaded split enters my vision

Clear and bright as the sunny sky
is my goal on one path
Yet the unknown tugs at my heart
"Have you not learnt the lesson yet?" mocks my mind
"Are you worthy enough" pricks my conscience

One dainty step towards the unknown
a hoard of conflicting voices overwhelm
A faint echo I hear, an echo of my soul
lost amongst a myriad of thoughts
Wisps of the echo floats away
as I grasp to hear it

Speak louder my dear soul,
Will this unknown path ever converge?
Will I see the dear familiars of my road?
Uncertainity holds me still but
Time does not pause, I ask you
"What should I do?"

I ponder on as I listen to
the deafening silence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful. very well written and insightful as well!
haribol! :]

♥ Braja said...

If your soul is in Mayapur, you'll like this blog:


http://mayapurdays.blogspot.com
http://brajas.com