Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Escape escape.....


Dostana is supposedly a hit at the box office. That makes me so sad that I have to resort to chocolate to emotionally uplift myself or maybe I'll just listen to some Aindra...


People ( and I mean sane people) generally like a movie because they can relate to the characters in it. A sad state the society has come to if they relate to such vapid and insubstantial characters like the ones in Dostana. No really, has Karan Johar even heard of the term character development? Or maybe it was the 'sexy' bodies of Priyanka chopra and John Abraham that people (and I mean lusty animals by that) got gratified by... god, get some depth in personality people/poor excuses of human beings!

Shoot me before I indulge in escapism of this sort again. I'm going to stick to indulging in my favorite (yeah America's spoilt me.....used to be favourite) escapist pastime of kirtans and Krsna's pastimes. Though it is escapism relative to this world we live in....it is the absolute reality after all.

One of my favorite tunes.......ahh I can drown in this tune..... It sounds like singing on a boat on some river or something....

4 comments:

RK said...

Dostana is just a beginning to the end of an Indian cultural galore to the world of cinemas. I'd put Karan Johar in the same league as terrorists both in their deeds and punishment they deserve

Anuradha Keshavi said...

wow.......that's being a bit too harsh on Karan Johar don't ya think? He's just a filmmaker, he just portrays the current trends in our society....

RK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.